1. The Booking Contract shall be made between the guest and the owners and these conditions of booking shall be ‘the Booking Contract’.
2. Receipt of booking The booking is only confirmed on receipt of the deposit and the completed booking form. A confirmation of booking will be sent (via email or via post or phone).
3. Cancellations Once a deposit has been paid, the guest has entered into a legally binding contract and is responsible for the whole of the amount of the balance of the holiday payment. The guest must notify the owners immediately of any cancellation. Every endeavour will be made to re-let the accommodation and if successful one half of the deposit will be returned, the balance being retained as a re-letting charge. However in the event that we are unable to re-let the accommodation, we reserve the right to be reimbursed for any loss incurred. We strongly recommend that guests take up cancellation insurance.
4. Limits of liability. The owners will do their best to ensure that any booking made is to your satisfaction. Guests who make bookings agree and acknowledge that the owners shall not become liable or responsible for damage or injury to property or person in connection with the holiday or arising directly from Acts of God, or hazards of fire, water, mechanical breakdown or other causes whatsoever.
5. Damage to Property. Please leave ensure that you leave the cottage as you find it. Any damage to the property, or breakages, must be reported to the housekeeper prior to departure. We invite you to make donation to cover the cost of any minor breakages. Substantial damage or extra cleaning (over £20) must be paid for prior to departure or on receipt of an invoice.
6. Dogs. We welcome well behaved dogs. In undertaking this booking you agree to ensure that you dog(s) do not cause damage to the cottage or its contents. In particular we ask that you ensure that your dog(s) are clean and dry before they are allowed into the carpeted areas of the house, that you do not allow dogs onto beds or the furniture, and that you clean up after your dog(s). Please be aware that we will look to recover any damage to the cottage caused by dogs.
7. What is included in the price and what’s not. All fuel costs are included in the cost of the booking. (This includes electricity, coal and wood.) We supply bed linen a hand and bath towel and tea towels. You must leave the cottage clean and tidy.
8. This is a no smoking property.
9. Access; there is parking for 3 cars it the bottom of the drive (40m approx from the cottage). You are welcome to park at the top of the drive whilst unloading your car. If you need to park closer to the cottage because of limited mobility, please indicate this in the special requirements section of the booking form and we will arrange this with our neighbour.
10. Access time: the books start at 3pm and you must leave by 10am.